What does it mean to be a Participant or Supporter of Real Local RVA?
- The Participant’s business, if a Restaurant or Grocery Store, must be located in the “Capital Region” of the City of Richmond or in its surrounding counties of Goochland, Powhatan, Henrico, Hanover (includes the Town of Ashland), Chesterfield, New Kent and Charles City with no corporate or national headquarters located out of the Capital Region*.
- The Participant’s business, if a Farmer, Supplier/Vendor, Nonprofit, Producer, Individual or Event Tour must be located within 100 miles of the center of the Capital Region measured from the University of Richmond.
- The Supporters’ business must be located in Virginia with no corporate or national headquarters located outside of Virginia.
- The Participants or Supporters’ business must be privately held not publicly traded.
- Greater than 50% of the Participant’s business ownership must live within 50 miles of the business. Greater than 50% of the Supporters business ownership must live in Virginia*.
- The Participants and Supporters businesses must be a food-related business interested in sourcing local ingredients and products.
How much does it cost to join?
$180/year for participants and supporters
$60/year non-profits or farmers at the participant and supporter level
For additional locations:
$60 per year in addition to the original fee for each additional location under the same business name
$120 per year in addition to the original fee for each additional location under a different business name
What’s the process to join?
Fill out an application and send a check to Good Foods Grocery, P.O.Box 3468, Richmond, VA 23235. Please make all checks out to Real Local RVA, LLC. The Founding Members will review your application within the following 30 days. You will be contacted via email if your local business is accepted and if you are applying to be a Participant, you will need to print the Licensing Agreement and send to Ellwood Thompson’s Local Market at 204 N. Hamilton Street 23221.
What is the difference between a Participant and a Supporter?
Participants of Real Local RVA own a privately held, small, local independent food/drink related business headquartered in the Capital Region. The majority of the business owners live in the area and own a food business that is interested in local ingredients. Participants have access to the Real Local RVA logo for branding purposes, networking meetings, sponsorships, will have a profile on RealLocalRVA.com and will be able to head up and participate in the group’s committees.
Supporters of Real Local RVA own a privately held, small, local independent food/drink related business headquartered in Virginia. They are interested in connecting and networking with the founding members, Participants and other Supporters. Supporters will have access to meetings, networking events and will have a profile on RealLocalRVA.com.
*The business entity having ultimate and final control over the Participant (or that has the majority ownership control over the Participant; for example, a holding or management company owning or controlling the Participant) is a Virginia incorporated or chartered business entity listed in the official records of the Virginia State Corporation Commission and further lists its principal place of business in one of the localities in the Capital Region which is shown as such in the official records of the Virginia State Corporation Commission.