- This event has passed.
4th Annual Farm Tour
September 28, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 9:30 pm$25 – $75
We are excited to host our 4th Annual Farm Tour on Saturday, September 28th. The event is truly a unique way to experience some of the area’s best farms. We hold this event yearly with the goals of introducing consumers to how their food is grown and encouraging mindful food choices. Guests will tour two farms and enjoy dinner at Oakdale, a brand new event venue in Ashland.
The event will begin at 3:00 p.m. with a tour of the property and barn at Woodside Farms, a naturally grown produce farm that anchors the Chickahominy Falls community. Guests will also enjoy a locally sourced snack from Chef Jenny Tremblay West of Mise en Place. Guests will then travel to Harlow Ridge Farm for a tour of a working livestock farm specializing in pasture raised pork, beef, goat and lamb raised on NON-GMO grains.
The post-tour party takes place at Oakdale, a beautiful event venue in Hanover County situated on 100 acres owned by Harlow Ridge Farm. The dinner will feature local food from the featured farms as well as other local farms prepared by Ashland Meat Company Catering. Beverage highlights will include beer from Hardywood and local Virginia wines. Guests will also enjoy a presentation by Joel Salatin, well known farmer at Polyface Farms and champion of the sustainable agriculture movement. Featured in the New York Times bestseller Omnivore’s Dilemma and the award-winning documentary Food Inc., Salatin speaks to audiences across the world providing inspiration, faith and practical solutions on healing our world one bite at a time. Thank you to our sponsors: Oakdale, Ellwood Thompson’s, Chickahominy Falls, C&F Bank, Manry Rawls Insurance, Keller Williams|The Egan Team, and Johnny’s Selected Seeds. We hope you will join us for this exciting event!
- The tour will begin at 3:00 p.m. at Woodside Farms located at 10455 Cedar Lane Glen Allen, VA 23059
- Guests will then be responsible for their own travel to Harlow Ridge Farm located at 13497 Ashland Road, Ashland, VA 23005
- Guests will have the option to remain on the property and enjoy a locally sourced dinner at 6:00 p.m. at Oakdale with a presentation to follow by Joel Salatin.
- Ticket Prices:
- Whole Tour Price: $75
- Whole Tour Price for Real Local RVA Members: $65
- Dinner and Presentation ONLY: $50
- Dinner and Presentation for Real Local RVA Members: $45
- Tour ONLY: $25
*This is a rain or shine event. In the event of inclement weather adjustments may be made to the schedule, and the dinner will continue as planned indoors at Oakdale.